You are listening to the KnolShare with Dr. Dave Podcast. This is your host Dr. Dave.
I hope you are pursuing your awesomeness!
KnolShare with Dr. Dave is Streamed on Grokshare.com and broadcasted on iTunes and Google Play.
The Agile for Humanity (AFH) Tucson meetup is a new launch in 2018. A monthly podcast will be created of the conversations and will be hosted on the KnolShare with Dr. Dave channel.
You are listening to episode EAFH-1: Lean, Agile, and Startup Discussions.
The Agile for Humanity community will use lean thinking, agile practices, and lean startup to improve business, community, and individual goals.
As lean thinkers we want to maximize value, minimize waste, optimize flow, respect people, and continually learn. As agile practitioners we aim to respond to change, measure empirically, commit to outcomes, be transparent, and demonstrate courage.
Although more tenets exist to guide our behavior, these are a good start to help our journey.
We are camped out at Connect CoWorking in downtown Tucson, Arizona, next door to The RIALTO – A Publix Theatre and hotel Congress on a Saturday morning. The RIALTO and hotel Congress are landmark buildings in the downtown Tucson area. Connect CoWorking is the original collaboration workspace in downtown Tucson and is the home to an eclectic group of small businesses and local events.
We used Lean Coffee to create topics for the Agile for Humanity meetup group. Lean Coffee was created by Jim Benson and Jeremy Lightsmith. Learn more about Lean Coffee by visiting www.leancoffee.org.
Our guests today are:
Lateefah Collingwood, Kahilill Knight-Papaioannou, Samantha Hahn, Charles (Kaunda) Collingwood, and Harry Roberts. Attending remotely were Jon Jorgensen and the mysterious Wayne.
I would like to give a round of applause to our guests this morning for coming out and sharing their insights.
The three topics included:
- Provide a good definition of Agile and how it applies to K12 leadership.
- Ready for Agile Education.
- Diversity and inclusion – Do we still need to have this conversation?
Topics that were not included are the following:
- Customer value How to active listen and have empathy
- Business agility: responding to threats and opportunities to enable business and human growth
- Open to collaboration
- Design Thinking
- Operational effectiveness
- Believing in the inexperienced fostering education
- Change from the norm
- Customer value: a measurable outcome that can be realized and shared
- Burning Man principles and Agile principles
- Core Protocols and Clean Language
- FLOW Framework
- Landswork + Edge Behaviors + Authority Valence
- Is Scaled Kanban real?
- Open Space Technology for non-agile, non-business applications
Books we are reading or listening to:
- Harry said he is reading Meditation for figity skeptics by Dan Harris
- Dr. Dave offered a Bill Gates recommendation: Capitalism without Capital: The rise of the intangible economy by Jonathan Haskell and Stian Westlake
- Dr. Dave also share he listened to: How we work, reclaim your sanity, live your purpose, and embrace the daily grind by Leah Weiss, PhD
If you would like to keep this conversation going, visit www.knolshare.org and click on the “KnolShare with Dr. Dave” link to blog about your experiences.
Thank you Agile Alliance for the Meetup sponsorship.
We would like to thank our sponsor KnolShare for the continued support for this podcast. Visit www.knolshare. to achieve your awesomeness through agile coaching and training, digital transformation strategy, agile organization development, lean business startup, and diversity and inclusion training.
We support lean thinking and agile life skills education through the 5 Saturdays program. Visit 5Saturdays.org to donate your time, money, and knowledge.
Checkout Dr. Dave’s latest book Elastic Minds: What are you thinking? On Amazon.com. You will also find his book Transforming your leadership Character: The lean thinking and agility way on Amazon.com.
Look for the KnolShare with Dr. Dave podcast on iTunes and Google Play.
The KnolShare with Dr. Dave Podcast is Streamed on GrokShare.com.
If you have any questions for Dr. Dave reach out on twitter @DrCorneliusInfo or @KnolShare.
This podcast and interview produced by Dr. Dave Cornelius
Copyright 2018 KnolShare