Melanie Stated, Resonance is key to self-care. Prioritize what lights you up.
The Getting to Your Mountaintop - Social Change Advocate is a special episode of the KnolShare with Dr. Dave podcast featuring the inspiring Melanie Richards, Founder of ‘BVisiblewithMel’ and Host of the LinkedIn Live event I'm Possible!
- Creativity, inspiration, and collaboration. 0:07
- Melanie Richards shares her inspiring story of overcoming obstacles to become a successful social change advocate.
- Melanie uses a song to inspire creative collaboration and safe spaces while sharing their elevator pitch as a business attraction and event success coach.
- Social advocacy and fundraising for various causes. 4:09
- Dr. Dave's passion for social advocacy was sparked by his sister-in-law Liz, who passed away, leading him to raise funds for women's cancers and other causes.
- Liz helped turn the speaker into a fundraiser after personal experiences with social justice issues.
- Advocacy, coalition-building, and self-care for nonprofit leaders. 7:42
- Melanie faces the challenge of finding opportunities for others to get involved in causes they care about.
- Board member emphasizes the importance of strategic planning and resource sharing for non-profits.
- Dr. Dave and Melanie discuss self-care and activism, with Melanie highlighting the importance of prioritizing self-care through nonprofit involvement and personal practices.
- Self-care, community involvement, and making a difference. 14:46
- Resonance is key to self-care. Prioritize what lights you up.
- Dr. Dave encourages listeners to get involved in their community, starting with small acts of kindness and volunteering for local organizations.
- Social change advocacy and fundraising. 19:46
- Melanie aims to join a foundation board, devote themselves to fundraising, and host a podcast to elevate executives.
- Melanie emphasizes sharing personal stories and helping others in social change advocacy.
- Dr. Dave and Melanie express gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity to connect and share knowledge.